X800 pro Vs X850

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH are you guys talking about? On stock my 6800GT wipes the floor off of my friends X850pro and he got the one at Bestbuy and has the same **** mobo and cpu i do. (well when we tested them on my Sempron system, dont know about now). Mine is now flhed to an Ultra and he flashed his to an XT (well i did but you get the point) and i still wipe the floors off of him. Im sorry guys but the X850s arent as much as yall crack them out to be. Also, if my ultra can wipe the floor clean of ATI residue then im sure a GS could cause PCIe is "suposedly" faster. Oh and 3dmark05?? GEt real ppl, quit using that as something to testify against Nvidia cause everybody knows that its ATI biased.

Just some quick specs that i have, and im to lazy to go buy a new mobo and other crap so i jsut want to get the best agp card between 200-450 CDn

AMD Anthlon xp 3000+barton
asus A7v8x-la
1gig OCZ ddr400

P.P. Mguire said:
Oh and 3dmark05?? GEt real ppl, quit using that as something to testify against Nvidia cause everybody knows that its ATI biased.
The way cards get a higher score in 3DMark05 is by having a higher framerate, so if I game is ever made using the #DMark05 engine or something similar, ATI would be better. And 3Dmark05 is **** good to look at.

Um...yea 3DMark score comes from the framerate but if an ATi card has adaptive AA enabled then hell yea it would score higher.

Which is why 3DMark doesn't mean crap.

Um...yea 3DMark score comes from the framerate but if an ATi card has adaptive AA enabled then hell yea it would score higher.
Thank you!3dmark05 isnt anything, its not a game. If you like to stare at things get a good score then cool, but id rather play BF2. Sorry just my thing.
I doubt your 6800GT can match a X850XT
My GT smoked his x850pro then we flashed and my 6800ultra still smokes his x850XT.

Did you ever consider that you might have different hardware then your friend?

Well the fact is the 6800GT (and the 6800 Ultra) do not "smoke" the X850XT. Look at benchmarks, if anything it's the other way around. Unless of course you are using doom 3 as the game to compare performance, lol. It could be that he didn't flash right, or that flashing does not give the speed as having a real X850XT. If all he did was unlock the extra pipes, and the clock speeds are the same, then that would be the problem.

Wheni was running my Sempron system we ahd the exact same setup except he had the ATI and i had the Nvidia. Also, stock my 6800GT beat his at multiple games including Doom3, Farcry, BF2, and HL2. When we flashed we bumped our speeds to the speeds that are for the actual specs of the card we flashed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom