KonigSchutze

Solid State Member
My Specs:

MSI K8T800 Neo-FIS2R (Latest BIOS v2.2)
AMD 64 3000+
1024 MB Patriot DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5
NVidia GeForce 6800 (Latest Driver)
Windows XP Pro

My Benchmark is 976 PPl have been reporting that they have gotten 4000-23000 using this configuration

WHY THE HELL is my Benchmark sooo low????
I'm pretty good with computers but I really don't know whats wrong

What benchmark? 3DMark05? Either way that is really low. You should get a little under 4000 in 05 with that, at stock speeds.

It is 3DMark 2005 and I know it's low for that specs but the question is what the hell causes it to be so low?

EDIT: QUestion, i have a 350W Power supply, does that matter? If the components are underpowered, they shouldnt work in the first place, right?

i'm not really sure why you're getting such a low score, but i can answer your second question. video cards, every single one i've tried, that needs a separate power lead all work fine booting into windows etc, maybe its because of the lower clock speeds that they run for 2d. but during 3d things, a 5900xt i was borrowing was running about 2x worse than the 4200Ti i'd been using previously, simply because i'd forgotten about the extra power lead i needed to plug in. if you've installed the nvidia drivers, they would have picked up on the fact that the extra power lead isn't plugged in, so i guess thats not a reason for your low score (not saying you did, but stranger things have happened).

in short: yes, underpowered hardware will work, but it will perform more slowly than if you were running the correct amount of power through it.

generic questions about running 3dmarks:
-- Are you sure all the settings in 3dmark are default?
-- Have you checked to see that antialiasing or anisotropic filtering havent been enabled through the nvidia global driver settings?

ok first of all if you were low on power the nvidia driver would tell you lol like raekwon was saying. and another thing 4000 in 3dmark05 is what your video card should be getting. i belive the highest ive seen in 3dmark05 with a 6800 was 4650 something. and thats with a heavily overclocked 6800. so your doing what you should be. so what im getting at here is lol if you want that score to be higher OVERCLOCK IT !!

He is only scoring 1/4 of what he should be getting around. It is possible your low on power.... But what are the amps on the 12V+ rail?

Depending on how many other items you have to supply power to , your boarder line on the PS especially if its a low grade PS . See if designating 1 rail for the VC helps , try disconecting the power to the optical drives and as many other devices you can to decrease the power load on the PS and rerun the test.

generic questions about running 3dmarks:
-- Are you sure all the settings in 3dmark are default?
-- Have you checked to see that antialiasing or anisotropic filtering havent been enabled through the nvidia global driver settings?

--Yes they are
--I disalbed them

He is only scoring 1/4 of what he should be getting around. It is possible your low on power.... But what are the amps on the 12V+ rail?

Ok, so I *might* found the problem, hopefully
As for the amps on the 12V+ rail, i have no idea in hell, would you care to explain please?

On the power supply there is a lable. It will list each positive and negative rail on it. Like 3.3+ and 5.0+ and 12.0+ and beside them or under them there will be an Amperage rating. A 12V+ rail with 30 amps or better is enough for most systems. But you more than likely have 13 amps or lower on your 12V+ rail.

Here's what it says on my power supply:

115V/230V~, 8/4A
60/50Hz
Output: 350Z
+3.3V 20A (Color Orange)
+15V 30A (Color Something)
+12V 12A (Color Something)
+5 VSB 2A (Color Something)
-5V .5A (Color Something)
-12V .8A (Color Something)
PS-ON
PG

Hope that says something because the only 12V+ that i see is on there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom