5.25 bay covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferris

Banned
Im pretty sure Im going to be getting this case...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811133154

But I dont like the mesh/screen covers, and Im going to get a 6 port baybus for controlling fans and it seems to need a drive bay cover to be mounted correctly. So I was wondering if there are any drive bay covers that I can buy for my case, I also dont like the look of the mesh.

Also, just to not make another thread, what does it mean by momentary switch? Like, momentary gives power to the motherboard? But what would this be used for?

http://www.mnpctech.com/spdprtToggle.html

i'm only going to answer your second question.

momentary, is exactly as it says, gives power/creats a circuit for a breif moment when it is pressed.

i use 2 momentary switches for my cd drives as i have them stealthed and teh switches elsewhere on my case.

So, it doesnt stay in the on position all the time? Its like a hold it there for power?

Think you could give me a list of uses for one?

EDIT: Agh! Sorry about the double post.

The switch you linked to could be used as your power switch. You're power switch is only momentairly. It does not stay on the whole time. You could also use it for other things that only need a quick shot of power to operate. Look at it as a starter for your rig. When you start your car, you don't keep the starter turning over when the car's running do you?

Yeah, I was just curious. I think Im going to grab that, and use it for my power switch once I find out what case etc and get my computer set up.

Anyone have any tutorials for making your own power switch/mounting and installing one?

Also anyone know if there are any drive bay covers? Will any old drive bay cover work?

That switch you posted can NOT be used as a power switch,It's only for light's and crap that need power at all time's.

*EDIT*

i'm a dum ass :p didn't see how it completly work's :eek:

Grr, I love this case for it's size and such but it doesnt have bay covers which I'd rather have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom