Help!!! Motherboard is wierd!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz-1

Solid State Member
I recently bought an asus P4P800S-X motherboard. I installed all the hardware, and the drivers etc., but now I have a few problems.

1) The computer now restarts randomly, for no appreciable reason

2) There is no sound, even though I checked the speakers, and windows says that everything's fine.

My comp is a P4 2.4ghz, 1 gig dual channeled PC3200 DDR RAM, a geforce 6600gt, 3 harddrives and a dvd burner.

If anyone can help that will be great.

For the random restarts, the first thing I'd check is the power supply. Which one are you using? And why didn't the "PSU God" suggest this? :)

beardo526 said:
For the random restarts, the first thing I'd check is the power supply. Which one are you using? And why didn't the "PSU God" suggest this? :)

because he just installed a new motherboard meaning that it probably wasn't restarting randomly before he installed new motherboard.

Therefore the PSU is not likly the culprit. Its more likly that he didn't run a repair of OS and configure the new motherboard properly.

Hey beardo526 were all here to give advice and help each other not bash each other.That kind of behavior is not a productive response.

Well, it might not be the case but for the restarting problem it could be you're running too hot. Probably not but it is a possibility.

I enablethe onboard sound in the BIOS, I formatted and reinstalled the OS, and I tried reinstalling the drivers a few times, still no help.

As for the restarts, I don't think it's the PSU (iCool ATX480W), or the RAM, since I performed a RAM intensive stress test with prime95.

So I'm just wondering what else could be wrong for there to be no sound. Windows says everything is fine. Could it be the motherboard? or maybe windows?

Is it just in windows or do programs like media player also do not work.?

Have you checked the sound settings in control panel?

I've looked in the sounds settings, everythings been turned up, except for tone settings, here they've been greyed out, so I can't adjust them anyway. I've even checks the hardware manager, to see if the sound has been enable or if there is any media conflicts.

There is no sound whatsoever, media players, windows, MIDI, games etc.

It wasn't meant to bash anyone. I know it's hard to understand someone's tone of voice over the internet, but the smiley at the end of my post was supposed to help lighten the mood a little. However, I see how I could've come across like a prick, and I apologize for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom