xp pro & dos program

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsider

In Runtime
the situation is this ..
at work we got a new tower with xp pro installed .. the boss put on their programs we need for inventories , sales and such .. no problems. the issue is when we use the program, and go full screen mode, we lose all functionality with the keyboard and can't tab or use the arrows to navigate the menus. but on a windowed mode all is well .. so why not just use the windowed mode? thats what I said to him, but he likes the full screen option.
so what I'm wondering is why would the keyboard not work with full screen mode as compared to windowed mode? any input is appreciated :D

Which application are you using? Have you tried to contact the software developer for assistance? There, quite possibly, may be a loss of mouse and certain key-stroke use when using the 3rd party application in a Windows environment. Do you have the same application running on another PC that has the full functionality of the mouse and the keys in question?

-Mike

I cant remember the exact name of the program(for a marine repair based business), but it was working fine with the old 98se(doesn't everything?) .. havent tried the manufacturer yet, didn't have time yesterday as i was knee deep in fibreglass. I'll take another shot at it today and see what hapens. I still say he should learn to live with the smaller screen and just accept windows for what it is\does ...

One thing to consider ,,,

XP does NOT include support for DOS

if you have functionality in a smaller window ,,then that may be all you will get,,

Update your software,,that is most likely what the vendor will tell you,,

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom