X800 pro Vs X850

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 6800GS won't beat a X850Pro either. Most the 6800GS could stand a chance against is a X800XT, and thats if only the 6800GS is overclocked. I'm not saying to go for the X8-- though, one can get a 7800GT for the price.

X850 Pro CAN be decent if you flash it to XT, but like I said, its not guaranteed and you could get a new mobo and a 7800GT for the price. The X800 series also lack Shader Model 3, which is important for future games. ATI cards also discriminate heavily against the latest games such as FEAR and Quake 4.

If ATI's prices were on par with Nvidia, then i might consider an ATI card. But since they are way overpriced, Nvidia still comes out number 1

what happens if he has an intel, i mean there is only like 1 mobo with pcie16 and s478.

can we see the rest of your specs? and how much money you can spend?

well first of all theres really nothing special about a 6800gs its just 6800gt with burned pipes. and second of all the x850xt will truley beat all of them cards. my video card was originaly a x850 pro and yes i did flash its bios to xt. but you know what i score 6289 with default clocks in 3dmark05 i dont belive a 6800 ultra or 6800gt could come close to that, at overclocked i score 6525

while yes the x850xt will beat all of them, it's rediculasly expensive, and it's agp, and you would be stupid to spend more than $250 on an AGP video card. yes there is something special about the 6800gs. it overclocks like a mother, and beats the 6800 ultra. there is even an agp 6800gs coming out in a week or two.

well yes the 6800gs is a nice card it does overclock really sweet ive seen a 6800gs,s memory get to 1.35ghz and 510mhz core. which is really fast lol. and also there 205$! ive never seen a videocard that cheap. im sorry i did not know they were this cheap. deffinetly best bang for the buck. yea most places charge crazy amounts for the x850xt. but i got mine on ebay for 212$ and flashed it to xt the first day i got it. so im happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom