computer freeze (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlokix

Beta member
ok, i'm having this problem with my computer. mostly when im gaming (counter-strike, battlefield 1942) my computer will freeze and i cant alt+tab, ctrl+alt+delete or anything forcing me to restart my computer (sound freezes also). sometimes my computer does freeze when im on my desktop but not as much as when i'm gaming. i bought this computer from dell not too long ago (few months). i haven't made any changes to my hardware at all since i bought it. here are my computer specs if it helps. also i am absolutely sure i have no viruses on this computer.

pentium 4 3.2 ghz processor
radeon 9800 pro
windows xp
1gig of ram

please help, these freezes occur every day (sometimes multiple times a day). i really need any suggestions, thanks.

Does the MoBo have onboard video as well as the 9800xt? I had this problem with CS when i had onboard video, and disabling it made the problem stop.

dont you disable on board video in the BIOS settings? i'm not sure how to view my BIOS settings

To get into the BIOS settings:
after you push the power button, and the computer screen comes up, you're probably seeing the Dell logo. Sometime while this logo is up, you'll probably hear a beep. You need to press either the delete key, or the F1 key to enter the BIOS. On my Dell at work, it's the F2 key. Try all three (it won't hurt anything).

listen there is your problem you have a dell dell sucks! sell that peace of crap and build your own box pardon me for my words if your not that much of a techie i feel any one who is using a dell or any other pc made by a company should be on the forum

This could be a heat issue have you any way to monitor the CPU temp and your video card temperature . If not try this get a mid size fan take your side panel off and place the fan next to it hehe . Then try running your games .If it runs fine you have a air flow problem .Radeon cards run on the hot side anyway .At least you can iliminate heat as a cause :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom