9800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF2 1280x1024 6x? On a 9800XT? Bullshit.

Anyone can go into battlerecorder and set the graphics fo max and take a pic. Otherwise, its BS. A 6600GT can't do that, much less a 9800XT.

30fps is crap. Anyone can SET their settings to max but it takes a helluva lot more to PLAY at those settings.

I do play at those setting and 30fps isnt crap. Your eye can only see 40 so a lag to you would be what, 15? I dont drop that low and i will show you what it looks like by an IN game screen. If i can find fraps we will see what my FPS is cause i dont know :p just i know it dosent lag. BTW isnt the 6600GT 4 pipes? (havent looked at it in a while)

pp you really must not know what im talking about, i run bf2 1280/1024 with forced 16xaf and forced 6xaa, with the highest picture quality, and high quality mipmaping, my frame rate is about 60-85, and it only drops when the whole screen is completly covered in smoke i mean thick artillery smoke and everybody is running around. and frame rate is never 30 i said its in the 30,s

and the 6600gt will kill your 9800xt. 6600gt is 8 pipeslines, on 500mhz core and 1ghz memory. most people are able to get the core to 600mhz and the memory to 1.3ghz. that would throw the 9800xt in dirt. even tho they both would not run bf2 at my settings, just like flanker was saying

your 9800xt cannot compete, if it ran bf2 at those settings i wouldnt have bought this video card, everybody would have 9800pro,s

trust me its really the main reason i sold my 6600gt becasue bf2 is the main game i play and i wanted it to look better. i ran bf2 at 1182/864 4xaa no anistropic with the 6600gt. and if a artillery hit the ground and covered the screen with thick smoke i would have a frame rate of about 20-25. which is completly horrible and sometimes i would have a frame rate of 30 just walking around.

Ok so now i know the 6600GT has 8 pipes, *makes poping noise w/ mouth and wistles* big deal. I play BF2 at those settings whether yall want to believe it or not. I play it forced 16Xaf and 6xAA 1280x1024 no problem at all. It does not lag nor do i have it OCd. Its called being able to setup your hardware right and not having your resources hogged. I bet you guys also have SP2 installed am i right? I dont use any SP at all, and this is on my 2600+ system.

yep i do have sp2 installed, and it helps my performance out alot. the only way possible of you running on those settings it either you have everything on low. or your running this on your 6800gt.

your 9800xt is an ok video card. but i would never have it in a primary computer.

he's 9800XT is in his lan computer doh, i think you should read the whole thread...:rolleyes:

who cares what setting he runs at, at least he's happy and can play with no lag :D

i wonder what a dual core, 2GB of ram, and a 7800GT can play bf2 on high settings :mad:

^^ Exactly, its in my LAN rig w/
AMD Athlon2600+ @2.3ghz
Shuttle AN35N nF2ultra-400
1.5gig Kingston DC ram PC2700@pc3200
ATI Radeon 9800XT 128mb
SB Live! 5.1

My main rig and 6800ultra blows this card to bits, yes, but im strictly talking about playing BF2 maxed out on this thing. Sense im usualy in my room i play my LAN machine becasue my main rig is currently on the internet. Sense its on teh internet its out in the dining room which i dont want to distrub my prents by extremely loud gunfire :p.
In any case like he said, i know what i can do w/ it and whether you believe it or not is another story. Like i said i will show you that 1) Im playing it at those settings 2) i have the availibility of 6xAA. But you have to wait till i get home cause im currently in OK for a show.

Doesn't matter if he's "happy with it." If I was "happy with" playing BF2 on max with 5fps, it doesn't mean that my card is better than that 7800GTX playing BF2 on max with 90fps. Just because I'm happier with my FX5200 than that guy with the 7800GTX is doesn't mean that my vid card is better than that 7800GTX.

Lol i dont play at 5fps man i can gurantee that. It has to be at least over 15fps AT THE LEAST. Cause anything lower than that lags big time and i cant stand it. Ill run FRAPS and tell yall wht its runing at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom