Reformatting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you are formatting within winxp pro installation setup? i would try these:

-formatting it in another computer.

-use windows to format it in safe mode.

-use a windows 98 or ME startup disk (or www.bootdisk.com) to format with FAT32.

-recreate the partition, try to format on this newly created one.

ekÆsine said:
so you are formatting within winxp pro installation setup? i would try these:

-formatting it in another computer.

-use a windows 98 or ME startup disk (or www.bootdisk.com) to format with FAT32.

-recreate the partition, try to format on this newly created one.

You gotta be kidding.XP has long gone from formatting it in another computer.

==========
Are you an Admin or is thats just your whatever. ?
XP has a new way and it's not bootdisk.com
It's useing a cd now and not a floppy.

:eek: :eek:

Alright, I would quit, restart, and when your computer boots to the XP disk, select to do a fresh install of windows.

It will then come up to a screen that asks you which partition you want to install windows to. There should be an option to delete partitions (look around, you hit the D key or something) and then it asks if you're sure, yes you are, hit L (or whatever key) Delete all the partitions on your hard drive until you see no partition, it should just say 38GB unpartitioned space. This is what you want, have windows install to this. It will have to format it, never do a quick format. Have it format in NTFS. If you need further help I'll be on AIM and MSN for a little while longer.

MSN: bandage_boy@msn.com
AIM: bandageboyfxb

See if you can find a DOD format disk that will just boot with windows and wipe everything if nothing else works.

stan-the-man said:
Are you an Admin or is thats just your whatever. ?
XP has a new way and it's not bootdisk.com
It's useing a cd now and not a floppy.

no i am not an admin, just a person who is trying to help this person with his problem the best i can.

i am aware of win2k/xp disk management snap-in diskmgmt.msc and the setup utility from win2k/xp CD.

So i suggest buying Windows XP for ideots,grab a cool one and look for answers.Formating in any Windows version should not be that hard.Is there not an XP user that can explain this ?
I use a floppy , XP used a cd as i understand.
Best i can do.

stan-the-man said:
So i suggest buying Windows XP for ideots,grab a cool one and look for answers.Formating in any Windows version should not be that hard.Is there not an XP user that can explain this ?
I use a floppy , XP used a cd as i understand.
Best i can do.

stan-the-man so i guess that is the proper response when someone asks how to format a hard disk?. winXP users are not idiots.

http://www.evozero.gamma.timdorr.com/computer-guides/basic_disks.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom