quick watercooling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

likwiFIRE

Baseband Member
first of all... what is the actual liquid that is in the watercooling? and can i replace it with normal tapwater once it runs out??? THANX!!

You need to use at least distilled water and maybe some kind of water treatment minerals in the water will screw up your cooling system if you use straight tap water...

k so my bro fukd his comp up completely and im trying to fix it... i took apart his watercooling stuff, and im trying to put it back together but im trying to remember where the tubes go lol.... does it matter in which direction the water flows??? should the tube thats connected to the pump go to the water block on the CPU or to the radiator???

ya im pretty sure my brother has been using tap water, and thats why its messing up... anything i can do to fix it????

no the actual COMPUTER didnt mess up, but im pretty sure that something is wrong with the water cooling. my brother is really ghetto with all this and the reservoir was 100% wrapped in some weird funky blue tape and sitting in a metal cooking pot outside of his case with the side of the case completely off, and about 3 pounds of dust accumulated on the inside of the case. So what im doing right now, and these are the reasons for my several threads, is I took EVERYTHING out of the case COMPLETELY cleaned EVERYTHING got rid of all of the dust, and then put everything neatly back into the case, did good wire management, the whole 9 yards, and now I am trying to see whats wrong with the water cooling to see if I can maybe fix it

so should the water be flowing FROM the reservoir to the CPU then to the the Radiator.... or from the Reservoir to the Radiator then to the CPU...?? or does it matter at all????????

-also does the water need to be flowing fast??? or is it ok if its just flowing a little? but still constantly flowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom