Power Supply Destroyer lol Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak244

Baseband Member
Well I was not aware that not all power supplies were not made equal. Needless to say my system fried my Power Supply in my computer, and in turn its believed it in turn killed my Mother Board. All the fans work, but the system will not boot, nor send any info to the Monitor. Oh, I did replace the Power Supply with a 550 Watt Antech Power Supply.

Anyway, I have an old Gainward APG Video card, which has worked fine for my gaming for years now, but I think since the Mother Board is fried, why buy another out dated APG Mother Board?

I am looking for some opinions on what the best PCI Video card I should update to. Looking to spend $250-$300 at the most for the card. I Play World of Warcraft and Star Wars Galaxy. My Old Gainward did pretty good, but would still suffer a little if I set the graphics at full on the games. I need a good video card and Mother Board combo.

My other Equipment is a 3400+ Athlon 64 939 socket CPU, 2048 mb Corsair XMS Platinum Memory, 1 SATA and 2 EDI Hard Drives, and all the CD players and such. My Current Video card is a Gainward GeForce FX5900, and my Mother Board that fried was a DFI Lanparty UT NF3 Ultra-D. Thanks for any help. I want to order my new stuff Monday morning with next day mail lol so need a set plan by sunday night :)

Well I like the Mother Board Option. Really the Video Card is a bit more then I would like to spend considering its X-Mas season and I need cash for that as well. I do not need the best of the Best, just something better the my APG card.

PoisonPorkchop said:
I just wanted to point out that I think you mean AGP instead of APG, and IDE isntead of EDI. Good luck!

lol Yeah must be my Car Audio wording getting in the way lol

6800 GS is an awesome card, I recommend it highly and a lot of members will back me up about this. It is the best performance per price card on the market.

Bottom line...GO FOR IT!

Which one? There are a lot of 6800GS's available, and I know there is always a true winner in the bunch.

Do not go with the the last one (XFX). The 6800GS is a very good card for its price. Go with the eVGA (the first one).

The Kraut said:
Do not go with the the last one (XFX). The 6800GS is a very good card for its price. Go with the eVGA (the first one).

Funny, I just had a guy who ownes the EVGA one, tell me to get the LeadTach one, as had that one been available when he got his, he would have got the Leadtech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom