I cant get off a heatsink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
This is a heatsink on an old computer, its the stock one that comes with it. Its a socket a 1 ghz processor.

Heres some picutures:

I hope those images make it somewhat clear what i am trying to do. In order to remove the heatsink it looks as if you have to push down on the metal bar and pull it sideways somehow. Ive really reefed on it but to no avail, i hope i havnt damaged the CPU in the process. Has anyone else gotten one of these off? if so how do you do it?

Kinda hard to see, usually those older ones are a kinda push down then out motion.Do u see a hole in the latch that u can fit a screwdriver in?

try taking a pic w/o the flash and shut auto focus and focus it manually as best u can.

Theres nothing for a screwdriver to go into, theres a bar that does indeed move down when you push down on it but theres a ridge on the plastic so it wont come out unless you somehow move it sideways.

I know they're a pain just go easy try to push down with one hand and pull with the other.

Alright well im having a hard time taking a good picture of it, but if you look carefully at that second picture you can see a metal bar, thats what im supposed to somehow get off but i cant. Theres a little lip on the actual metal which looks like it was meant for some tool or machine to use, but it doesnt help i dont think for taking it off. Has anyone taken one of these off before? Im getting ready to deem it impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom