Where is all your stuff?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
I'm not building the cheapest thing ever, but CERTAINLY not the most expensive. When I see people post their "stuff" they're about to buy, it's cheap, but I've got like double that.

Here's everything I have listed for my build - do I not need some of this stuff?

Case
PSU,
MOtherboard
CPU
HDD's
OS
Disk Drives(DVD writer)
Video card
Audio card
UPS
RAM
Monitor
Mouse
Keyboard
Wireless PCI adapter
TV tuner
Speakers
HS/FAN CPU cooler
Fans
Floppy Drive
And there's probably more!

So do I not need some of those things?
Is a UPS necessary?
*Well, I'm not an idiot, I know I need the obvious things, but it still bugs me!!

lol, just a rant because I have to spend so much :)

For example, look at one of the thousand posts saying "check my list of stuff before I order it"

Don't some of them seem a little obsolute?

All you really need is...
case
video card
cpu
motherboard
sound card
power supply
hard drive
optical drive

and thats it. the case comes with all the fans, screws and bolts.

People don't list everything they buy because most of it is irrevelant. For instance, you don't need to post your wireless ethernet card because we don't care about it. You also don't need to post what optical/floppy drives you're getting because they're all basically the same. Most people also have their OS, keyboard, mouse, and monitor already. The things we can advise you on are the things 003 listed, plus the CPU cooler.

and the mobo comes with all the goodies, sata cables, IDE cables, onboard audio drivers, floppy cables, raid floppy, etc.

i love opening mobo packages, like dfi packages its like christmas, seeing all these new screws u have for later and cables. good warm feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom