Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, but i want to be

• no, i don't like clans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah. dont listen to magazines. any of them. no matter how honest the magazine claims to be scores are always inflated a little. its all about the money they bring in. do tests for yourself. and if you dont have money to go out and buy parts for testing, you can always find someone on the forums that wants to show off there computer.

also intel does control the market and does have deeper pockets b/c of charging more for their processors and selling more....you notice dell,gateway,hp....all the major brands on the hardware as well as microsoft seem to follow intel....intel will bring out its 64 bit when it feels it needs to b/c it still has a majority of the population convinced that more is always better along w/ a better price. Why bring out its 64 bit processor when it is still moving its 32 bit's like crazy w/ the p4's....LOL....they tell us what they want us to hear and believe since a majority of people dont care how things work so long as they do. Intel also markets to the majority who also always believe that if they paid more it must be better. When companys make anouncements then it is b/c its part of their marketing plan....i also have to agree w/ not believing everything you read.

Jnewt427. About your argument why intel rocks, i have read that test myself. But the thing is that the intel processor was clocked at 3.2 Ghz, while the AMD processor was clocked at 2.2 Ghz. That is a differnce of 1 Ghz. Thus when AMD increases it's clockspeed, that will be the day Intel goes out of business.

AMD ROCKS

Meck said:
Jnewt427. About your argument why intel rocks, i have read that test myself. But the thing is that the intel processor was clocked at 3.2 Ghz, while the AMD processor was clocked at 2.2 Ghz. That is a differnce of 1 Ghz. Thus when AMD increases it's clockspeed, that will be the day Intel goes out of business.

AMD ROCKS

Why AMD can't manufacture a processor that is not rated too over 2.2 GHz, is the question you have to ask your self. Any Diehard Computer person knows that the a processors speed is a direct result of the quality of chip it manufactures, Right now Intel can manufacture a chip with a rating of up to 3.2 GHz, thus showing the high quality of chip it can manufacture, AMD with only a 2.2 GHz shows that there chips they manufacture are not of this high quality, not enough at least to achieve the out of the box clock speeds that Intel does, and as far as the ability to overclock is also highly based on this fact. AMD choosing to go to a 64bit platform, is another way around of the amount of data it can process, without it being a direct influence on processor speed. 64 bit, as you all know are left for high end workstations and server platforms. Bringing this to a desktop platform is know doubt a smile to everyone's face, due to the power this brings to the masses, but like I have said before in this poll it will make a great Divide for software manufactures on who to accommodate and why??. Will games be brought into the 64bit world, I can probably say yes, due to AMD's supporting it, but this will come at a price. All 64 bit software is more expensive than the a typical 32 bit. I am willing to spend the extra couple hundred dollars for a high end processor like Intel's that has more raw processing power that AMD'S and that's capable of running any game or application I can throw at it and most importantly are readily available. The AMD is cheeping out on a processor that is of less quality, and you the consumer will have to fork over the extra bucks, every time you want a 64 bit application, "Times this buy how many 64 bit applications you will have to buy in a year to accommodate it (i.e.; games, OS, 64 bit software in general) and that can add up to allot" more significantly than the later Intel. Your flip side to the reality side, Intel still rocks.

wow amd just took a beating there huh? Well basically AMD is still the company where money meets technology. They know what consumers want as a per AMD customer. We want good product at cheap prices, other than the HT technology, you can run a benchmark and have amd chips just surpass intel's by far. My old 2500+ o/c to 2.2G could almost kill a 3.0g intel @ 533fsb, that's pretty impresive to me. So if amd was popping out chips that were as fast as intel, running at like 3.0g or 3.2g, that'd suck for intel as amd would be lining intel chips on the wall and shooting at them... right? =)

i'm reading the march edition of maximum pc which i just picked up at the local grocery store....the new prescott is here for intel. In the mags review of the prescott the intel p4 extreme is still faster. They also say that sometime this summer or fall we should see a 64 bit os available with intel still saying nothing about a 64 bit processor. I guess we will have to wait and see. AMD is also sizing down its existing 64 bit processors with clock speed projections around 2.6 GHz. The fact is they both have their positives and negatives....for me raw processing speed is good but when it is surpassing the softwares ability then what is the point?....also if processor speed alone is your decisive factor then why isnt apple just looking at raw processor speed and running w/ one processor with the ht technology rather than running dual processor units?....http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Intel vs. AMD - Page 2 [Does Megahertz Matter?]

Does Megahertz Matter?

This has been something that has plagued AMD for some time now. Clock for clock, AMD's flagship processor, the AthlonXP outperforms Intel's flagship processor, the Pentium 4, by quite a significant margin. This is because the Pentium 4's pipeline is significantly longer than the AthlonXP's pipeline, and the Pentium 4 thus has to accomplish more per clock.

While hardware enthusiasts may realize this, the average consumer most probably will not, and end up purchasing a processor just because it boasts a higher megahertz rating. Intel have used this as a marketing tool for quite some time now, however, with the relatively recent release of the AthlonXP processor, AMD has attempted to wipe out this confusion by introducing a PR rating system called "Quantispeed".

The Quantispeed rating system is an estimation of real-world performance based on benchmarks that AMD has run themselves. It is NOT a comparison to a similarly clocked Intel Pentium 4 processor. For example, their 1800+ AthlonXP does not run at 1.8GHz, but rather 1.53GHz. It is arguable whether or not this was a morally correct move for AMD to make, however, it will hopefully eliminate confusion amongst consumers, and as long as AMD does not exaggerate their ratings and thus lie to consumers, I do not see anything wrong with it.

It has a lot to do with the chipset. The better the chipset the better your performance will be. There are some pretty sweet chipsets out for the AMD. Either way I will still stay with AMD, I like to help the underdog. Specially when this underdog fights like a bulldog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom