Holiday Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Just wondering what everyone plans on getting for their computer this holiday season :)

I'm getting:

Antec Super Lanboy
1 stick of 512 pc3200 ram to make 1 gig
Thermaltake blue orb 2

I might buy myself a Saitek Eclipse and a Logitech MX518 too :)

Just thought this would be a fun topic.

Yeah mainly I'm on a mission to make my computer very quiet. I think it is either the case fans or my cpu cooler that is making it loud right now, so I'm replacing those with much quieter versions, that will hopefully cool it much better as well. If these things don't make it quieter, I will get a new PSU. If that doesn't work, a new optical drive.

I'm trying to afford two LCDs to make a dual monitor setup, but I am hesitating between 17" or 19", or just get a 20-21".

Im hopefully going to get some money so that i can pay back the computer in my sig. Maybe a logitec 5300 steteo system.

Opteron 165- $325
eVGA 6800GS- $205
1gb (2x512mb) G.SKILL DDR600 Ram- $220
DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert- $225
FSP 500watt PSU- $91
Thermaltake Big Typhoon HSF- $50
High Performance 120mm CPU Fan- $20
Total: $1136

My biggest and baddest build to date!

Well I already got the saitek eclipse and MX318 that porkchop mentioned, both of which I love. My holidays will b mostly on games, and working to get more money to save for a comp next fall. That's when all the new tech comes out right, (new graphics cards, M2 socket etc.)?

PoisonPorkchop said:
Yeah mainly I'm on a mission to make my computer very quiet. I think it is either the case fans or my cpu cooler that is making it loud right now, so I'm replacing those with much quieter versions, that will hopefully cool it much better as well. If these things don't make it quieter, I will get a new PSU. If that doesn't work, a new optical drive.
The loudest things in a computer are the hard drive and the graphics card fan (if it's stock). The tiny fans they use on graphics cards have to spin like crazy to move enough air, so they're pretty loud. Get an aftermarket GPU cooler like the Zalman VF-700 or an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer, and suspend your hard drive to get rid of vibration.

BTW I'm getting a 74gb Raptor from my uncle. Should come early next week. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom