RAID Controller Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

neBo503

Baseband Member
I have an Intel Mobo, Adaptec 1210 S-ATA controller in there.

I have 2 - 250mb S-ATA drives.

I have followed all the instructions and installed my Windows 2000 Adv. Server CD. All is well. ALL THE SUDDEN ... i reboot... BOOM. Blue screen. I reboot... its fine. Reboot again... BOOM. Blue screen.

It seems every other reboot or so I get blue screen.

I went and looked at my RAID configuration... and one of my drives says..

----------

Missing Array Member

What does that mean?!

fresh new build... all new parts.

blank drives... but i did install windows 2000 adv. server on them after i got them mirrored.

it is after the installation that i get blue screen and the MISSING ARRAY error.

Yes I did make the Array first.

thanks for your help very much.

Well, since its a new build I would just retry it, start over.

I know thats kinda an obvious suggestion but you have nothing to lose except time, since the drives were blank.

yeah i tried that too!!!

i rebuilt it and still get blue screen and this error.

do you think there is a possibility that there is something wrong with my hardware?

Don't RAID those Drives!!!!!! RAID configurations: Mirror(raid 1) in which both drives mirror the same data..all of it!! and Stripped (raid 5) in which both dirves are one virtual drive. Do not build an array and do not use RAID. No pc, except if being used as a server needs a RAID array. Just install your SATA dives as 0 and 1 and forget about RAID!!!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
Don't RAID those Drives!!!!!! RAID configurations: Mirror(raid 1) in which both drives mirror the same data..all of it!! and Stripped (raid 5) in which both dirves are one virtual drive. Do not build an array and do not use RAID. No pc, except if being used as a server needs a RAID array. Just install your SATA dives as 0 and 1 and forget about RAID!!!!!

He wants to use RAID.

Oh btw Raid 5 Uses at least 3 drives not 2.

And it doesn't have to be a server to use RAID, I see people with RAID all the time that are used as Gaming machines, and other purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom