Who Has The Highest OC AMD X2 4800+

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
Those who are running an overclocked X2 4800+, what is the highest it can be overclocked and still run under stable conditions??

I'd rather recommend a 4400+ still top of the line and alot cheaper and comparible performance to the 4800+

It depends on the stepping you get. You might get one that hits 3Ghz+ with no change in voltage or you might get one that only hits 2.6GHz with 1.6v. It's basicly a gamble.

Tyler1989 said:
"I'd rather recommend a 4400+ still top of the line and alot cheaper and comparible performance to the 4800+"

He asked who has the highest oc'd x2 4800? Not what you would recommend (your opinion)

not1available.jpg

mine runs at 3.0Ghz fine, like 003 said, it really depends on the core that you get, some overclock really well while others are POS

what stepping he means.

noone can tell u how far u can overclock. i mean of course ur not gonna hit 6ghz on it :p but u could get anywhere between a 200mhz and 1ghz overclock. so just up fsb a tiny bit at a time. then test stability, then if its stable up the fsb again if its not stable up the vcore and just continue to do that till ur temps get too high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom