Need Pros opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicarsick

Beta member
hey my name is David i just got built a computer last week it had a abit motherboard an9 (i think) a amd athlon 3200 and 1 gig of ram and a nividia geforce 6800 pci xpress 16*and 200 gig hdd and it was running really good all last week but then i needed to install some updates for windows so i brang it up to the hose and tried to plug in my dads moderm so i took out the graphics card to make it easyer but i took it outwrong and the card touched a bit of the mb and the the com started up i quickly turned ot of but it started again i turned off the power surply and it stoped but know every time i turn my com on my keyboard or mouse dont light up and my moniter doesent come on or evan get a signal really and ive done all the trouble shooting i can but im not sure whats broken do u think its my G card or M board or Both any way it would be good if you guys could get back to me on that thanxs ...........

If you can try the video card in another computer or try another video card in that computer, you probably fried the Video card.

If you don't have an extra PCIE card, im sure you could go out and buy a really cheap one just for trouble shooting needs.

Remmeber when ever doing anything inside case, make sure the power cord is out and power supply is off.

well you don't have to take the power cord out as long as it is switched off at the wall. its probably better that way because then the pc is completely grounded. you may have fried both. i'm worried that your computer turned back on after you turned it off when this happened because it would suggest motherboard damage. but then again sometimes it will just act strangely immediately after a short but will be fine after a while. the best thing to do would be test the card in another comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom