DFI mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

likwiFIRE

Baseband Member
I am putting together an old comp of mine with a DFI Lanparty KT400A motherboard. the case i have contains two USB ports on the front. In order to connect these USB ports to the mobo there are MANY little things i have to plug in but I am not sure where they all go. I downloaded the manual for the mobo from the DFI website but it doesn't really help...

theres 2 seperate group of tabs that need to be plugged in

group 1:
(Vcc1: Data-: Data+) takes up 3 holes
(Vcc2: Data-: Data+) takes up 3 holes
(Gnd1) takes up 1 hole
(Gnd2) takes up 1 hole

group 2: (all take up only 1 hole each)
Gnd
Mic in
Mic Power
Line out L
Line out R

here is a pic of the mobo, could someone draw a line and tell me where group 1 goes and where group 2 goes?? also where do i plug in each little plastic thingy??? please help! i have read everywhere and can not find the answer to this!!!!

im looking at the mobo and everything is used up except for the USB5/6 section and the 1394-1 section...

so if you could just tell me where the pins go in each thats all I need to know.. THANX!!!

ok on the usb headers in the pic i believe where the square is is vcc. plug the vcc side of the 3 pinned plug into the one marked as a square and the ground at the opposite end. the second set should be the same right next to it. i'm not sure what the 5th pin on the second row is. actually come to think of it i'm not sure if that is the usb headers, there aren't any more headers above near where it says usb 5/6 are there?

whats a header lol.... im a nub, hold on ill post the whole pic in imageshack

k.... here it is

mobopic6fi.jpg

k i did the USB, but how about the 2nd group of pins

group 2: (all take up only 1 hole each)
Gnd
Mic in
Mic Power
Line out L
Line out R

where do those go? and in waht order

well i dont know if the USB worked because of my watercooling problem, I am not going to turn on the computer until I fix the watercooling otherwise it will overheat! :-S, well I already have something plugged into the FRONT audio part, but I think it probably goes in the "4 ch Audio" section. Do you know what order THESE would go in???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom