AGP slot ...NEED SOME HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
which video card are you talking about, the FX5700 or an ATI? And I"m not quite sure what it means by being "backward compatable." lol yes I know I"m a little handicapped here...

most video cards ( ati and nvidia) that are 8x can run at 4x if your could tell us what your mobo is, it will be easier to see if you can use 8x(otherwise you will have to set the card to use 4x)

it's ok. :) I'm talking about both really. The cards will run on an AGP 4X board, it just won't be as fast because it can't transfer data as fast. Go for the ATI card, my personal favorite.

So if I'm gonna go ahead and get the ATI Radeon 9600. But would it really make that monumental a difference whether its the XT, Pro, 9600, or SE?

Stay away from anything lower than the pro. if it's affordable, go with the XT, it does help performance, and has the ability to overclock easily with built in temp sensors.

For EQ a pro would be just fine.EQ2 not so sure about.The current card you have should do just fine.EQ came out in 99 its an old engine running it.XT means 256 memory 4 pipe for 9600
8 pipe for 9800
9800 Pro is 128 memory 8 pipe card
9800 SE mean's 4 pipe card 128 memory.
9600 or 9800 be base model.

Should be fine.In EQ you can lessen the burdon on your Video and processor with selecting differnt option's.On very large guild raids you may have small amount of lag.

EQ is very harsh on old drivers.Make sure you have the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom