Trouble with my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCash21

Baseband Member
The power supply doesn't "seem" to be distributing electricity to anything so I know I must have made a mistake somewhere along the way.

Could anyone experienced with building PC's name some possibilities off the top of your head as to what might be causing this. I'm confident it isn't the power supply as I've tested with several. Any Ideas?

Can you explain more clearly on HOW it doesn't distribute any power.

The obvious stuff is that you didnt plug in the cord. You didnt plug it into the motherboard. And you don't have the power supply turned on.

I mean nothing turns on- fans, PSU fan, LED's, etc.. Going to recheck the DDR to make sure it's in place and reset the cmos. I'll let you know if I get anything..

If nothing turned on, the CMOS has nothing to do with it. If the PSU fan didn't turn on and you DID plug it into the wall and the PSU is turned ON. Then you probably didn't plug the the ATX power or the 24/20 pin in the board. Also check if you PSU is set to the correct input voltage.

If all those don't work, and if you plugged all your buttons in the motherboard correctly, try plugging in another PSU, if that works, then you should send your PSU back.

Okay, here's what I've got so far> Another PSU has proven to work (The LED on the motherboard lights up. However, the computer will not power on from the power button. I triple checked the pwr switch connection on the mobo as well as all other cables.

I can't seem to get anything to work with exception of the mobo LED. I'm probably missing something overly obvious.

Are you sure the F-Panel is configured correctly. Check mobo manual, make sure yor didn't reverse the polarity on any of the wires.

Make sure the button is connected properly and is not broken, by taking off the front panel and checking it.

Ste said:
Are you sure the F-Panel is configured correctly. Check mobo manual, make sure yor didn't reverse the polarity on any of the wires.

Make sure the button is connected properly and is not broken, by taking off the front panel and checking it.

I'll make sure it's in check,,

thanks

Yep, that did it Ste. I pulled out the front panel cables and re-plugged them. Funny it was something so simple as the wires not all facing the same direction. Anyways, you've made my day. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom