Aftermarket CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
Has anyone used the Zalman CNPS9500 CPU cooler?? Is the thermal grease that is supplied with this cooler ok to use when installing the cooler over the CPU?? Also how much thermal paste should I apply on the cpu and spread out??

Or should I use the cooler that came with the CPU??

Thats the same cpu cooler i am getting, i also am buying some arctic silver 5. When applying the thermal paste you put a rice sized drop in the middle of the cpu and let the heatsink press it out without spreading it out first. What kind of cpu do you have? Are you going to OC?

I have an AMD X2 4800+. I will overclock eventually but not right away. The directions say to spread out the thermal paste evenly over the processor.

hmmmm, i dont know about the X2s but from what ive read off of forums its only a rice sized drop. Im not really sure since i dont have one. ;)

Rice drop is for smaller sized processors. My socket 939 CPU chip is pretty big and I have to squeeze quite a bit to get enough to spread a thin layer over the whole thing.

My expirience with thermal paste is to use a credit card to spread the thermal paste, then put a plastic bag over your finger and spread it so its equally spread on the whole CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom