how do i overclock my processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIOS = Basic Input/Output System. Some people call it Basic Integrated Operating System. So no, not CMOS. CMOS is what the BIOS is stored out, its firmware.

Actualy your wrong, The BIOS is a separate Chip then the CMOS, the CMOS contains settings then can be changed through the CMOS setup, such as time, boot configuration and overclocking settings, so when people say, change it in your BIOS, they are wrong, they mean CMOS, The BIOS IS NOT stored on the CMOS, the BIOS does not require continues voltage to retain its settings, since the information on the BIOS is physcially burned into the Chip. However The CMOS does require continuious voltage to retain its settings, this is why there is a small Lithium coin cell battery near it, so when the computer is off, the battery provides the volttage.

The only time the BIOS can be changed is if its EPROM or EEPROM, and you would have to flash it.

If you would like to argue more, read an A+ book or look it up online, I am 100% sure I am correct.

Go ahead an overclock that cheapass P4. Then you can either have a quick processor or an excuse to get an AMD.

im not making a new comp yet because

A. there are not enough cool games out that i want to play my comp cant handle

B. I dont have the extra money right now

C. This comp is still working perfectly

honor man said:
im not making a new comp yet because

A. there are not enough cool games out that i want to play my comp cant handle

B. I dont have the extra money right now

C. This comp is still working perfectly

Yea well whatever floats your boat man. Do what you want to do. We'll be there to back you up 100% :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom