Rate my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not playing any games at all on your computer, except for the occasional internet game, there's no need to get an AMD processor. You might as well get an Intel one because it will come in handy with multitasking and the things you're looking to use your pc for.

Ahh. Didn't notice that you were in Australia and those were Australian dollars, my bad. Actually I was talking about the AMD Athlon 64 4000+ which is $334USD I believe. But the 3700+ is only one step below and is equal to a 3.7GHz Pentium 4 (thus the "3700+") in regular tasks like you mentioned. However in games, the 3700+ is MUCH better, more like a 4.2Ghz Pentium 4 or something like that.

DDR is as strong as ever and people will be building systems with it for a long time. However AMD's Socket M2 is coming out. Its basically the same processor, except it supports DDR2 memory. Still nothing wrong with DDR right now.

Hmmmmmm, Im still tossing up between the AMD or the Intel. Ive never used AMD before, since I dont play any games are AMD's still good for multi tasking?
I know Intel are better for multi tasking however Intel cost much more than AMD and it would be good to save some money on the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom