9800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed...I'm also a victim of the FX 5700 cards....however I also got a shitty brand......chaintech....first one died within 2 months, RMA'd it...2nd one came back with a bigger heatsink, that crap died within a few months......piece of crap....however it was an upgrade from a Gf2 Ti 64mb and I didn't know better at the time, so compared to that previous card it was a beast.
For all of my Nvidia cards so far ive been victim of PNY cause thats all my uncle would buy. The 5700, well yall know what happend to that and the 5600ultra just...died for no reason. Ive had it for a coupla years now so its held out but it still died. This 9800XT by far whoops on both of them in their prime OCD haha. So sad. Im now wishing i would have bought a 9600XT or something when they came out.

you love it dont you :p i told you i was going to sell it sometime

anyways wheres my money eh :eek:

they delivered my 7800GT but i wasnt home ARG!! stupid signing the paper...:(

Flanker said:
X1300 > 7800GT foo, you got ripped off.

ahhh transitive property, AHH PROOFS! AHH GAY STUFF FROM MATH!

anyways technically the X1300 with the beefy 512MB of ram and the whole total of 4 pipelines is > the 7800GTX 512MB

avalanche the 6600gt is a decent video card but it doesnt own. when i had my 6600gt i ran some games with decent setting but u could never push on heavy aa or anistropic filtering. but yea the 9800xt is decent for a second computer. but the 600gt doesnt own

burned-ati said:
avalanche the 6600gt is a decent video card but it doesnt own. when i had my 6600gt i ran some games with decent setting but u could never push on heavy aa or anistropic filtering. but yea the 9800xt is decent for a second computer. but the 600gt doesnt own

it owns in the games i play...:p

i seem to run hl2 and css on the highest settings and have no worries..so to me it owns :)

Nubius said:
Indeed...I'm also a victim of the FX 5700 cards....however I also got a shitty brand......chaintech....first one died within 2 months, RMA'd it...2nd one came back with a bigger heatsink, that crap died within a few months......piece of crap....however it was an upgrade from a Gf2 Ti 64mb and I didn't know better at the time, so compared to that previous card it was a beast.

I also give ATI props for the 9xxx series...they were great cards and the 9800 cards held out for a really long time

Don't make me remember does horrible days!!!!!. Before i own my 9800Pro i indeed have a FX it was if i remember correct Albatron 5600 something like that. That card when i played Unreal 2003 if i'm correct got some weird graphical issue that happend in all 3D games that i played, it was really annoying it was like if i oc the VGA but the card was not oc in fact i didn't even know what that means really well in those days :confused: :( :p

Atleast now i;m very happy with my 6800GT
The 9800Pro i give it to my older brother :p

Yea my friend has a 9800XT and he loves it. We're always arguing over who's card is better, my X700 Pro or his 9800XT. I'd have to say they're pretty close.

Flanker said:
Actually, the X1300Pro is in some cases better than 6600 vanilla, but in any case, 6600 vanillas outperform the Radeon 9000 series, so by the transitive property, its the same argument. I think X1300s might be a better deal now.
TO settle this once and for all, the X1300s, or even the X1300pro DO NOT outpreform the 9800XT. All of the X1300s are 4 pipe cards with 128 bit memory. The 9800xt is an 8 pipe card with 256-bit memory.

Yea actually the 512mb X1300 will slow the card down. It takes longer for it to access all that memory, therefore it becomes slower. ATI was desperate when they made that card, probably just wanting to attract helpless people who think having 512mb of video card ram is awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom