Computer Nosedive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vajdoc

Solid State Member
I had installed XP the other day, updated everything and then went to bed. When I got up this morning the computer wouldn't respond at all. I eventually reset the CMOS and got the screen to appear. Now, it won't boot up. I even tried having it boot directly to the CD, to try and reinstall XP.

The screen is black and the cursor blinks no matter what I try. At the initial boot and in BIOS, everything seems to be recognized and working properly.

Just to give a slight preface on things. Someone was goofing off online before I could install the firewall or adjust the internet settings and someone let all this spyware come in and then XP freaked out and also said there was a virus. I cleaned up as much as possible. So, I have a feeling that could have something to do with this as well. But I can't get in to reformat the harddrive.

hmmm tough cookie if u have a copy of 98 or 2000 or somethin you can install that and upgrade to xp. Post this post in the windows section also of T.F

Thanks, I did that.

I can't seem to boot up to install anything. It's like the peripheral drives don't have any affect. I went into BIOS to have it boot up from the CD and a diskette but the screen went through the boot-up sequence and instead of windows, I got a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

try unplugging the pc and take out the cmos battery for atleast 5 min. had a similar problem and that took care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom