Cheap gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok bro i WORK AT BESTBUY, and i would never sell anyone that compaq...i would go with an HP fo sho...im sure we have a 64 with a gig of ram for about 600sih after mail in rebaits...he can upgrade the grapics card later on...and have a kick ass computer.....even if it is an HP :thumb down:

I work at the same store as that guy^ and I would definitely agree with him, the minimum you would want to go is that HP a1210n, don't go any less. If you want something that already has a gig of ram then go with the a1230n, it's the 3700+, 1GB PC3200 and a PCI-E slot available.

Hewlett Packard is awesome, I had a 2001 HP PIII 1.0GHz with a FX 5200 and 383MB RAM that lasted me until last August and played BF2 on low with nice framerates.

Low Budget + Gaming PC = Don't hold your breath.

I see these threads with ($400, $500, $600) Budgets, I just scratch my head and wonder why someone wouldn't just go with a console, wait for availability of the XBOX 360. That's comparible to a $2000+ Budget PC when it comes to gaming.... With a $600 budget... YOu could get the console, a bunch of games and accessories...

I just don't understand....

my parents pc is a hp, and it works fine its a 2.8 gig intel
i would only buy a prebuilt computer made by hp

emachines=crapmachines

Why not. You can connect it up to your PC monitor so thats not an issue. If he doesn't like the controller he better be willing to pay up $3000 just to be able to use a keyboard with compareable performance.

Flanker said:
Why not. You can connect it up to your PC monitor so thats not an issue. If he doesn't like the controller he better be willing to pay up $3000 just to be able to use a keyboard with compareable performance.

Exactly.

Microsoft is actually losing money on the XBOX 360 console. It costs them $550 USD to get it out of the factory. When it's available you can buy it for under $400.00... (yes, they make all that money back on marketshare & games & accessories) but still.

Let's see... UT2007 on XBOX 360 for under $400

or

$600 cheap "lol - gaming pc" that will never play UT2007 let alone install it.

If you have $3000.00 for a gaming PC for UT2007, that's a different story. But, lol - most people don't... Just go with the console...

The XBOX 360 price /performance kills a (lol - $600 gaming PC)
Spend your $600 the right way... get all you can get for your money.
If you want to get your email and use the interent, go to the freakin' library...

Only thing I'm sad about is that all the places around me are selling the 360 with overpriced bundles. The "Core Package" for me is $450...it has a bunch of games (I agree that a lot of them are useless) but still...$90 more than I need to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom