Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, you can never get the geometry perfect on a flat-screen CRT. This always annoyed me. With an LCD, its perfect geometry all the time.

Yes, LCD are better for geometry.
If you want higher brightness on CRT you should get a CRT with aperture-grill tube.

Ok we shouldnt be arguing like this lets just say that CRTs and LCDs both have thir pros and cons OK!

Amd64Boy said:
Ok we shouldnt be arguing like this lets just say that CRTs and LCDs both have thir pros and cons OK!

its not an argument.. its a debate.. and a good one at that

Lets just say there is only one thing I miss about my CRT, and that is playing games at 1024x768. With the LCD gaining more and more popular in the gaming market, 1280x1024 will probably become more of a standard for gaming rather than 1024x768.

.296mm pixel pitch is the size of pretty much all 19" LCDs. .264 is the pixel pitch for 17" LCD.

Yes, a 17" LCD will have a clearer picture, look better at 1024x768, and have near the same viewable size as a 19" CRT. Although I personally bought a 19" LCD, I would probably recommend a 17" one for gaming.

It all has to do with the facts the the pixels are physical rather than projected with a CRT. To get a real small pixel pitch in a 19", you would more than likely have to get one with a 1600x1200 native resolution rather than 1280x1024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom