Antec Super Lanboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Well my Antec Super Lanboy showed up on my door today :drool: , even though I ordered it yesterday and got three day shipping. I opened it and I must say I am impressed. It is about 16 inches tall and 9 pounds, compared to my 20 inch, 33 pound behemoth of a case now. It is very sturdy and good looking, with a much better layout. PLUS it comes with a free carrying strap. I am very excited to transfer over all my guts and git 'er running. Now I just have to wait till Christmas :mad:

Well, good luck with the transfer.

This may-be a good time to remove the HS&FAN from your processor and apply some AS5 if you don't already have some. Also, order up some wire management supplies and make the inside "uber neat"

Oh, use a heavy dose of some compressed air and clean all the components of dust so you can eat off of them. You'll feel like you just got a brand new PC.

Again, good luck and have fun.

I know I should but I'm kind of scared to do that :| does anyone have a picture of someone doing that so I could see how much to put on and how thick to make it? Also, can someone suggest a good Heatsink/fan?

PoisonPorkchop said:
I know I should but I'm kind of scared to do that :| does anyone have a picture of someone doing that so I could see how much to put on and how thick to make it? Also, can someone suggest a good Heatsink/fan?

ah no reason to be scared.

Handling the CPU you just need to be very cautious. Make sure your fingertips are clean and don't have any Thermal Paste on them. Hold the CPU at the very edges. DON'T touch the pins & DON'T bend the pins. There are several threads on TF about applying Thermal Paste.

As far as a good HS & FAN... I personally like the Zalman 7000 or the 9500. Both are compatible with your set up.

Wire management, takes a bit of patience. But if it's done right... It makes a huge difference. I would first take out your PSU and wire sleeve the wires. This is time consuming, but looks great. Pick a color, may-be some UV reactive sleeving.

Get yourself some colored lock ties too. Use the chassis to lock tie any loose wires to.

The key is, take your time with your transfer. In the end you'll be much happier.

ive got the antec super lanboy now too from a cm stacker its quite a differance but i actually like this case more for some things. its obviosly very light compared to alot of cases and its got room beside the cd drives above the little drawer it has that you can stuff cords without worrying about them blocking airflow. like havoc said take your time and you will be happy with the result. you can put extra cords on the other side of the mobo panel and under the cd drives and things like that to make it look neater. also like he said the zalman coolers are great, i have the 9500 and i think its the best air cooling you can get pretty much. infact it beats some premade watercooling setups as far as temps and is **** near silent.

as far as as5, just put about a rice sized dot on the cpu and mount the hs. after you do that just twist it a bit to move the thermal past around more and just lock it down. if you dont take it off for a while you will notice that the cpu will come out with the heatsink. this is actually good as it means that the cpu was making very good contact witht he hs. just twist it off and try not to bend any pins in teh process. ifyou do end up bending pins, take a mechanical pencil and get the lead all the way back aso you can use the tip to straighten the pins out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom