Monitor(s) for gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
midrangeG said:
QUOTE:"1. The maximum resolution for an LCD monitor is 1280x1024 regardless of the size of the monitor screen."

Not true, it really depends on the size of the lcd

Native Resolution
Unlike CRT monitors, LCD monitors display information well at only the resolution they are designed for, which is known as the native resolution. Digital displays address each individual pixel using a fixed matrix of horizontal and vertical dots. If you change the resolution settings, the LCD scales the image and the quality suffers. Native resolutions are typically:

17 inch = 1024x768
19 inch = 1280x1024
20 inch = 1600x1200

and my 20.1" lcd recomended resolution is 1680x1050

not1available.jpg

My bad, midrangeG, thanks for clearing this up.

CRT is a cheaper alternative, but it isn't better. Enjoy the cheap price of CRTs now because soon they are going to rise, because they are rapidly being eliminated.

I guess you just will never learn till you are forced to switch. I dont know about over there, but the US government is pushing the phasing out of CRTs as well as CRT TVs, in favor of LCD and plasma. Not only do they consume a huge amount of energy, but the radiation has been known to cause things like tumors and such on rare occasions.

I went out and did in depth comparison first hand, comparing CRT to LCD in different situations, and also talking with experts on why CRTs are getting so hard to find.

I just recently watched a comparison about power consumption of TV's on a television show.
CRT: 75-100w
LCD: about 150w
Plasma: up to 300w and higher

"Power consumption

The power required to run an LCD is about one-third of that required for a CRT with the same screen area. In addition, the amount of heat generated by an LCD monitor is considerably less than a CRT monitor, resulting in a lower load on air conditioning. Building cooling needs may be decreased by up to 20%.

And, if an LCD monitor is used with an uninterruptible power supply, the lower power required provides precious extra minutes to store critical data and shut down gracefully in the event of a power failure.

These power-saving features of LCDs reduce the total cost of ownership."

TheMajor is a blind CRT fanboy who doesn't know what hes talking about and will use false facts to back up his claims.

hmm, theres nothing wrong with my 19" TFT LCD from LG :), sharpness unmatchable from the CRT side.

and no, the 1024x768 is for 15" lcd's, 17" and 19" lcd's uses 1280x1024, but the 19" lcd's pixels are a bit bigger, thats the only differense..... dont say anything if you dont know anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom