AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

Now HP and stuff do use AMD's as well. Futureshop (who are now owned by Best Buy lol) sell every brand of computer with at least one of each type. The problem is that the salesman are biased. Intel has a "special" deal with Besbuy, so that also comes to futureshop, and it allows anyone to take the special intel training course (to train you to sell intel chips better) and in return you can buy stuff direct from intel with no retail markup pricing. This is the only way I'd ever buy an intel cpu, if they bent over and literally gave it to me. :p

naaa.

At anyrate, both are in the industry, Intel and AMD. Both have or do come out with similiar technologies shortly after the other. AMD had the first 64 bit hybrid, Intel broke the 1 Ghz barrier. I know the college I went to will always stay with Intel, because of budgetary issues. Me, I prefer AMD. I like the preformance of both, and a lot of it comes down to application of the technology.

in effect - chevy pickup, great at hauling loads, both with a trailer and not. Not as affective going over rough terrain.
Ford pickup, better at the rough terrain, not as good with the loads. Both will do the average well, but will excell in their own little niches. That said, Intel may have it's specialties, servers and extremely high end graphics/media, and AMD has it's specialties, processing power, games, and home/small business computing needs. It's all about fitting the hardware to the need.

AMD is the better in my opinion. My dad has a 2.5Ghz P4 with 256MB DDR2 Ram. I have an Athlon XP 1800+ with 512MB DDR SDRAM and I out perform him in every way you could possibly imagine.

Harvey Norman's ad actually tells you "we have the lowest prices guaranteed"
when in fact, it's really the complete opposite. they normally have about the highest prices.

yes, they always get low quality stuff aswell.
but they're very good at selling their stuff somehow, making it look like it's high end and good quality.

maybe it's partly because of Intel, which they use in a lot of the computers they sell.

apokalipse said:
yes, they always get low quality stuff aswell.
but they're very good at selling their stuff somehow, making it look like it's high end and good quality.

maybe it's partly because of Intel, which they use in a lot of the computers they sell.

hmmm....kinda sounds like walmart here in the USA. cheapo stuff, lower prices due to mass purchasing.

about intel breaking the 1ghz barrier, as i remember shortly after doing so they had to do a recall on a large number of those cpu's because they were fuxored and amd effectively had the fastest cpu at that point anyway.

ya, true... didn't think bout that.

Heyyo,

Walmart sucks.. and for premade towers? Gatway I find is the best, as long as you're getting their GT series that is. That stuff's prestige. And their mobo's insane, it's inverted. I love it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom