Pauses in FPS every 10-20 seconds HELP! heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
This is REALLY bugging me, because I have tried everything I know about, I uninstalled ALL the nvidia drivers including the AMD for windows XP one reinstalled them plus the EVGA display driver (did not install thje nvidia display driver) EVGA one game with my card, and every 10-20 seconds the screen freezes and the music loops for about 1-2 seconds and it is the most annoying thing ever.

Anyways i get this on America's Army, World of Warcraft, and UT 2004, my new system specs are as follows:

3800+ AMD X2

a8n-e motherboard

160 GB Seagate HDD

1.5 Gigs of 3200 Ram (going to be 2 gigs tommarow)

geforce 6800GT PCI-E video card

I have checked all the hookups, and it is all plugged in, includingf the video card. please guys, can someone help?

-Josh

P.S. forgot to mention, it does not do it EVERY 10-20 seconds on the second, it seems to vary in how it does it and how frequent, earlier tonight it was doing it every 10 seconds and then stopping after 2-3 turns of that and starting a minute or two later, all help would be much appreciated.

BTW, i have a 420W power supply, came with my X-ALIEN case.

this could well likely be lag......

what type of internet connection do u have [speed.ect]

I play amercas army alot and this happens to me if the server i am playing on is situated far away from where i live....i pretty sure is lag or u have a high ping!

on wow, i had a 63 MS, dont know how it could be that, although it may be, i have usa d igital, an internet service that shoots the signal from my house to the radio towers and then to a satelite unsure the exact speed but i can download at about 150-200 KBs

Although when I run 3dmark05 I do not get the little glitch as I have come to call it, so you may be right, do you know of any cheap single player games that are graphic intensive that I could try this out with?

Although I would like to hear other peoples opinions, so please do not assume that this question is answered heh.

problem still evident, any other chance it could be something other than internet connection?

Are you hard wired form the NIC to the Router/Modem or wireless...if it is a wireless connection, that is the problem. Hard wire your NIC to your Modem/Router and the lag will stop. If it is not wireless....??????? You may just be getting server choke and you can't do anything about that. Your ping is great. Go to the con in your game and type: Net_graph 3 and look in the lower right side of your display.....any choke or packette loss???

I get that freezing crap during BF2. It drives me absolutely insane.

I've got high Speed cable from optimum online hard wired to my PC, which is pretty good right now. My ping in BF2 is mostly around 16 to 19. I've never seen it over 60.

It happens a lot on some servers right after I spawn. I'll try to turn and it freezes... then when it comes back... i'll be turned around the complete other way and 10 steps in the other direction.

It also happens a lot in helicopters... I crash 90% of the time due to lag. I've tried absolutely everything to see if it's anything other then lag. Can't find anything else to try.

ok first, are you on wireless?
Router - 802.11B or G?
Adapter - B or G?

if the router is G
and adapter is B - spikes because of packets loss
(experienced it myself)

If router is B try upgrading it to a G

im not on wireless, wired to a router that shoots off, probably the fact my dipshit brother likes to download shit ill have totell hi mto knock it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom