complete noob wanting to build my first comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the only things that would be assembled for you would be the motherboard and cpu, which I just find a hassle to put together, so I got it done at monarch, same combo.
If you wish not to, just get them seperately

edit; guy above me, you forgot powersupply as well.
I don't recommend getting the 6800GT as the 6800GS is out for only 200$ and is comparable with the gt.
So if you want to get anything above a 6600gt and below a 7800gt, get a 6800gs

also I would recommend the msi k8n neo4-f motherboard instead of the gigabyte you posted

PcMe said:
Well the only things that would be assembled for you would be the motherboard and cpu, which I just find a hassle to put together, so I got it done at monarch, same combo.
If you wish not to, just get them seperately

edit; guy above me, you forgot powersupply as well.
I don't recommend getting the 6800GT as the 6800GS is out for only 200$ and is comparable with the gt.
So if you want to get anything above a 6600gt and below a 7800gt, get a 6800gs

also I would recommend the msi k8n neo4-f motherboard instead of the gigabyte you posted

He'll be able to do it himself no problem, especially since he's already found TF.

no comment on ur words on video cards...
Gigabyte's board will knock the socks off of the comperable priced MSI. Msi ain't bad, but Gigabyte is strong.

Alex81388 said:
I would still need fans and stuff right?

Well, it is recommended, although most cases will come with at least one fan, you should probably spend 5 dollars getting a nice exhaust one.

In all honestly, save another hundred and it will be much more comfortable for you to build.

What do you mean no comment on the video card? It is easy to say that the 6800GS is much better than the 6800GT with prices involved. Benchmarks were neck and neck, and the GS is 75$ cheaper.

How does the Gigabyte you linked outfeature or is better in any way compared to the msi k8n?

Powersupply?
Hard drive?
Optical Drives?
Shipping + Tax since he lives in Cali?
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom