need help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeysbank

Beta member
new puter coming in a few days tis a long story but had a bad install with vidio card and power supply an fried the old 1...... ok here we go new puter, athlon xp2800 2.8 ghz 512 ram 120gigs hd cdrw drv windows xp ..... vidio card evga ge force fx 5700 ultra. need to know what to do first hook up cpu get it up an running first then take it off line and install the vidio card ??? or install the card 1st then boot up might sound simple an dumb but already cooked 1 puter an cant afford another mistake help please thx

Well if you fried the old one by putting them both in and booting them up then go ahead and do the CPU first (mobo wont run without it i dont think) then the RAM and boot i up - then put the video card in and bootit up - i dont know why it would fry it putting them both in ???

honeysbank said:
new puter coming in a few days tis a long story but had a bad install with vidio card and power supply an fried the old 1...... ok here we go new puter, athlon xp2800 2.8 ghz 512 ram 120gigs hd cdrw drv windows xp ..... vidio card evga ge force fx 5700 ultra. need to know what to do first hook up cpu get it up an running first then take it off line and install the vidio card ??? or install the card 1st then boot up might sound simple an dumb but already cooked 1 puter an cant afford another mistake help please thx

You gotta be kidding ?
Don't you have any computer stores in your town ?
You are new and can't do these things yet.So you need local help,so buy it there,not on the web.Why do people keep on doing this ?

gees ask a simple ??????? and get that kind of responce thx a lot prob with old puter was my doing all i wanted was a lil help on how to install card in new puter im glad i boosted your ego by making me feel dumb what ever happened to helping people out --ck me!!!!!!!!! im sure i can get it right and i wish nothing but good luck to u my friend

Honeysbank,

Well said indeed
PM me is you come back online. I can give you some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom