Mitsumi CR - Rewriter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky1

Solid State Member
Please can anyone assist...I have a mitsumi cr -48x5te cd rom in an HP Pavilion XT973 computer...I had to reinstall windows xp...now my cd rom doesn't work..and under device manager, an exclamation appears net to the drive...thsnk you ever so much

try deleting it and rebooting, i dont see a driver on the site. is this XP?

mitsumi drives have a bad habit of having a weak lazer. I remember having to replace my KODAK (Rebadged Mitsumi) CDR Drive 3 times during the warranty period

Do you have another CD Rom or optical drive that you can try out on this PC?

Yes, running windows xp...the CD - Rewriter shows a conflict under device manager. It is getting power because I can open and close the tray. I'm guessing it needs a buring software program and an update on the firmware. I can't seem to locate the correct drivers???

Contacted HP and Mitsumi - No drivers or software for this drive. Also, it has problems with the laser. Have to buy a Lite-On.

Yep!!! You might as well get a CDRW/DVD+RW while your at is and cover all the bases!!

Edit: All cdroms/dvdroms installed IDE are plug and play. If you system doesn't find them.........ouch! Before you buy anew CDRW go into device manager and delete IDE2 and reboot. See if it will reload the CDRW and hope it becomes functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom