9800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
So Pzero sent me the 9800XT and it totaly owns my 5700. THis is totaly gonna rock in my LAN machine and i didnt even have to reformat. This thing plays BF2 max settings like its nothing and i cant believe it! Id like to say that the FX series officialy BLOWS!!! Second ATI card ive owned and its awesome, but dosent touch my 6800GT.:p

9800XT makes a great card for a second machine. It was once the 7800GTX512 of today believe it or not. I just would never use one as my primary gaming card.

beedubaya said:
X1300s dont outperform it. X1300s only perform on par with 6600 regulars...they can't even take on the 6600GT.

thats cause the 6600GT...it owns...it OWNS !!!...haha bit of purepwnage sorry :)

Id like to say that the FX series officialy BLOWS!!!
Indeed...I'm also a victim of the FX 5700 cards....however I also got a shitty brand......chaintech....first one died within 2 months, RMA'd it...2nd one came back with a bigger heatsink, that crap died within a few months......piece of crap....however it was an upgrade from a Gf2 Ti 64mb and I didn't know better at the time, so compared to that previous card it was a beast.

I also give ATI props for the 9xxx series...they were great cards and the 9800 cards held out for a really long time

Yes very good cards im looking for 1 to install in a PIII

1.333 system ive throwed together from spare parts.

beedubaya said:
X1300s dont outperform it. X1300s only perform on par with 6600 regulars...they can't even take on the 6600GT.

Actually, the X1300Pro is in some cases better than 6600 vanilla, but in any case, 6600 vanillas outperform the Radeon 9000 series, so by the transitive property, its the same argument. I think X1300s might be a better deal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom