Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaManRingo

Solid State Member
Heya, new to the forums, but, have been using them while i have been getting my parts together. The last "high-end" PC i built was about 2 years ago and it was a P4 with ATI card and whatnot, now, im building my girlfriend a PC and i think im going to go with an AMD/ Nvidia setup...this is what i am thinkin of getting...

Case: Xion with 450watt PSU ( here )
MoBo: ASUS A8N-E 939 nForce4 ( here )
CPU: AMD 64 3700+ San Diego 939 ( here )
Vid. Card: eVGA 7800GT 256mb ( here )
HDD: Seagate Cuda SATA 120gb 7200rpm ( here )
Memory: Patriot Sig. Series 1gb (2x512) ( here )
Sound: Audigy 2 ZS ($91 on newegg w/ $40 rebate)

I guess thats the important stuff, im really looking for suggestions, i have never built an AMD system or one with Nvidia. Anything you guys have to say will only help, thanks a ton.

I would get a different brand on the ram, and preferably 2 gigs (2x1 gig), get a good set of speakers instead of the sound card, and maybe try to get a bigger hd, but thats up to you. Oh yeah and if you have good speakers, get the X-FI series soundcard. They are MUCH better.

Well, we are on a budget, she is wanting to spend about $1100 on just the PC's hardware, and im paying for the fans and that kind of thing. I heard from a lot of places that Patriot made good ram though? Also, i heard that sound card is expensive, i will look at it though, and she dont need too much space so i think the HDD is good. Thanks

I would also look at another PSU. The stock one is not good at all. Try an OCZ Powerstream or OCZ Modstream

Its $70 dollars more (after mail-in rebate of course). But, like i said we are on a tight budget but im lookin to be able to run most games on max rez (i know 2gigs is prolly needed for BF:2). I have an Audigy 2 and love it, but, im sure the X-Fi is much better.

no to the audigy 2. use either the onboard, which doesn't cost anything extra, or get an X-Fi.

don't trust no-name PSU's.
get one from one of these brands: OCZ, Antec, PCP&C, Thermaltake
and at least 450W, but better at around 480W-550W

my favourite PSU ATM is OCZ's 520W Modstream. it is bit on the expensive side, but worth it if you want quality.
the best quality is PCP&C's power supplies, however they cost the most.

motherboard:
either an MSI K8N Neo4, or a DFI NF4 Ultra-D

DFI Ultra-D - $135
the best of these boards, lots of support for it at www.dfi-street.com

MSI Neo4-F - $81.50

MSI Neo4 Platinum - $123

Also, is the Powerstream the same as the Modstream except for the fact it supports SLI? And 450w, 500w, 600w?

1 gig of ram is enough to run BF:2 but go with 2 gigs. This is a much better computer than mine and I can run BF:2 with no hinderances graphically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom