Computers restarts while booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecensane

Beta member
Computer: Windows XP home edition - Service Pack 1 -- Compaq
When the windows loading screen comes up, the bar loads for a while, then a blue screen come up that lasts for less than a second. The computer proceeds to reboot. I cannot see the Blue Screen for the error. Can anybody help? :D

Edit : I can get into MSDOS, but not Safemode. I can get to the safemode scree, but it restarts if you select anything. Also, if I use the boot disk, it will ask me for an administrative password. I do not have one, and when I just press enter, an error message comes up.

well the only thing i had a computer where it just worked so slow and then it would do the same thing but it would just say it had a error and needed to restart, but the problem was it had a bad stick of ram cuz i had a gig in there and one was bad or something but i took one out and it worked so if you have two stickes in there you might wanna try to take one out and see if it would work that way

Yes, I do, but it still asks me for an administrative password -- which I do not have.

the only thing you can do to ram is send it into the comp it should have a life time warrenty and if thats it, but also you might wanna try and that is if you have nothing really on the computer is to clear the hard drive it could be that there is some program or something that is messing with the os and if its when windows is loading that could very well be it so if there is things you can lose or have backed up somewhere else then i would try that first and hey clearing you harddrive helps clear crap you dont need anyways so wheres the harm? just try eather of them things and let me know how it works

Enter does not work.. Enter just takes me to DOS, The wrong password tells me to enter itagain.

well if there is a pass on the bios there should be a battery on your motherboard and if you take that out and put it back it will clear the bios and your pass problems will be gone and as for when you boot in safe mode the password should be just admin or something around that maybe even just password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom