cannot go to secure sites... HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
bradybnmci said:
Can you create another user account and try the secured sites on that account ?

Start Menu / Control Panel / Users.

already tried and its not working

Tools -> Internet Options -> Security

Select Trusted Sites (big green circle with check mark) and click the sites button. You can add sites here and Internet Explorer should loosen up a bit. Just make sure you actually trust the sites you add.

Something else to ponder is that when you access a secure site your computer should download a security certificate. It could be that at your new location you have a different IP address and the secure site doesn't like that. Or possibly you have a spybot or virus that corrupted those security certificates.

You can view your certificates in Tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> Certificates. If you double click the certificate names you should see either what it does and/or what its status is.

That's my input, I've never encountered your kind of problem before so I don't really play with the certificates much. So play at your own risk.

i tried above info and it didn't do anything. the only way i can think of fixing it now is just reinstalling the OS and starting over which is fine with me.

problem is they didn't give me an XP cd. is there a way i can get the cd for free or cheap? my brother told me i could call gateway and they could give me a backup cd. would this cd be what i need to start over with it? or do i need the XP media edition cd?

The same thing happened to me, this is how i fixed it

If ur on windows xp go
start, all programs, Accesories, System tools, System restore

there should be a restore point of when windows woz installed, resore it to that point, but remember to backup ne documents you need b4 u do this.

it doesn't go back that far. got it like a year -2 years ago. and it only goes back to like a few months ago. anybody else?

secure websites

sometime the solution is as simple as making sure the time and date on the computer is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom