New problem: computer isnt recognizing cameras..

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobshoes

Solid State Member
Okay I posted yesterday about a problem i was having where my computer refused to recognize that cameras were plugged in through firewire. Well as it turns out, it refuses to acknowledge these cameras on USB as well. Which got me to thinking.. I was for a time running a less than legal copy of Sony's video editing software, and I believe it may have somehow figured out it was illegal and messed with my registry. All of the cameras that my computer refuses to recognize are Sony products. I have a digital camera that isnt a sony and the computer will recognize it. It just won't recognize any of the sony cameras. Is this possible? If so, how would i fix the problem?

nope =| normally windows will make its little recognition noise, but right now, nothing. However, I just plugged in a JVC camera, and it still got nothing. So maybe this is beyond the scope of Sony stuff, who knows. In other news, I plugged in a different Sony camera through USB and it recognized it as an Audio device (??) Still no video comin through. lemme know if you figure anything out.

thanks for the help!

weird, maybe delete all usb drivers and reboot.Let them reinstall themselves.

is the camera on the setting where u take the picture?, if it is switch it to the setting where u view pictures.

nah these're video cameras and they should be registering when they're taking video or viewing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom