partitioned gone wrong??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
last nite i partitioned my pc using this program someone sent it was some windows 98 boot up program and now i cant load anything on to my pc at all is there any way to fix this

Calm down, be patient. Don't jump to conclusions.

After you turn on the computer, tell me, EXACTLY what you see, hear and happens.

when i turn it on it says operating system not found, i click F2 and i have it so it boots from the cd rom drive bc i have a windows 98 cd rom i want to see if that will work to reinstall it but that doesnt work it says cdrom not found please load the disc entitled blah blah blah which is the disc i have in i am thinking i partititoned so EVERYTHING on the whole pc is GONE

If your running XP, pop in your XP disk and see if it doesn't detect any partitions, if it does see if you can't repair it.

If you really did delete the partition, then you can't recover the information without paying a company big money to do it.

Don't qoute me, but I think if a partition is deleted, you can't recover the information using normal means.

I thought your cd wasnt bootable

im gonna find you detailed instructions on how to partition format and install your OS, hang on and dont worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom