6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much does this card run price wise i have a 9550se right now and im looking for an upgrade ...ooo its agp

i recently sold my evga 6600gt agp, and upgraded to a x850xt. but when i did have my 6600gt i got its core to 571mhz and the memory to 1177mhz. and what really sucks is that it had a zalman vf700cu all copper heat sink and it sold for 120! i was pissed i hate ebay! sometimes....

my 6600GT cost about 270 dollars, the highest priced 6600GT here in sweden out of all. really good performance in anything really.... but the VF700 wouldnt fit as it sais it should at www.zalman.co.kr as i bought it and found out myself, the cooling fins was in the way for the ram heatsinks.

well we know that that why u had to cut back the fins a little bit very easy since the metal of the ram sinks is so cheap, i had mine all mounted. and i belive ram sinks are proven to not cool anybetter if anything they are worse they keep heat on the memory. the chip doesnt get hott enough to pass heat in to the ram sink all though they do look cool. lol

so the RAM doesnt get to hot if i dont have them covered then :O? and what about the chipset HSI thingy? that isnt covered with anything when the vf700 cu is mounted! as it seems not everyone has that chipset chip at all! what is it for? does it get too hot if i dont have it cooled ?

burned-ati said:
i recently sold my evga 6600gt agp, and upgraded to a x850xt. but when i did have my 6600gt i got its core to 571mhz and the memory to 1177mhz. and what really sucks is that it had a zalman vf700cu all copper heat sink and it sold for 120! i was pissed i hate ebay! sometimes....

why didnt you put a reserve price on your 6600GT ??

well i just wanted to get it sold i really didnt care. but devl u might want tokeep your hsi chip cooled that thing gets really hot some people cannot overclock there cores high because of hot hsi chips. but your memory chips do not need to be cooled with ramsinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom