Custom Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacer4576

Beta member
we have a custom built computer with 256 ddr, a soyo board with 1.7 celeron. a seagate hard drive, a 52x cdrw and a 450 watt powersupply. we are trying to install win xp pro, and when trying to boot, regardless of primary boot device or order, it comes up saying disk error, please insert system disk. then nothing. even when trying to boot from cd. any ideas? all help appreciated.

possably not rececnising the cd-rom drive. Check cords. maybe no power connectors going to it but u said it works right so thats out. But if theres a power cable going to it it might work but won be read. see if its plugged into the mobo. possably media is corrupt. Any scratches?

try to isolate the problem by switching out components, take the cdrw you have, disconnect it and replace it with a cd drive that you know works, if you get that same erro, it probably isn't the cdrom. next try the hard drive, try switching it with another that you know works,

omg, lol i just realized that in my older comp the PSU went and i got that same error and it said insert disk. i am pretty sure the hard drive was fried by the PSU dying, so maybe the hard drive is defective or was fried. although mine may have several corrupt files in the boot sector from the PSU, but that HD shouldn't as it had no OS on there before you tried to install xp, right?

i had an issue w/ my liteon dvd burner....i could not get xp pro to install off of it for some reason....try another cdrom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom