PPU.... POP or FLOP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there will be enviornmental processing cards(for weather, water effects, and fire).
ehh that's pretty much what the PPU will handle combined with the GPU for drawing it...as far as the water moving, leaves on trees, fire, etc...it's all PPU

Personally I think within about 5 years it's gonna be one of those things like 'Jeez man, how did we play without this a few years ago?'

Yeah it is rather insane...yet another component to buy, however over time the price will probably drop, competitors might emerge, and last I saw they were gonna have a card with a slot on it so you could basically change out the actual PPU much like a processor...so who knows you could probably be able to buy a cheaper PPU from a selection muchlike CPU's currently.

Woah! Look at my physics card in action! When the player gets shot his legs bend FORWARD instead of backwards! And when he drops his gun, it drops accurately and even tumbles a few times! Here's 200 dollars!
Yeah, it's quite a bit more than that....someone linked videos to some demos that involved the PhysX card and they got some amazing stuff considering it's just pretty fast put together stuff for demos and not a full blown mega endorsed game.

The amount of things flying around on the screen would make a current system cry for mercy and the graphics aren't even great being that it's a demo.

yeah i agree with nubius ... it will probably be like whoa how did we game with out 1 ... but until i see some compition or price drop .... im not buying.......:)

hey ...btw off topic how do i get my font on my sig smaller it scruches up like that ... i wann it smaller like flankers ............

Environmental cards might be nice....have some effects in games that I've been wanting to see for a long time, like objects that actually burn up instead of burning infinately. It would be nice to see waves, and rain that gets the environment wet and effects the gameplay instead of having no effect on the environment or gameplay.

beedubaya said:
Environmental cards might be nice....have some effects in games that I've been wanting to see for a long time, like objects that actually burn up instead of burning infinately. It would be nice to see waves, and rain that gets the environment wet and effects the gameplay instead of having no effect on the environment or gameplay.
That's the whole point of the physics cards.

things burning and going out would be up to the coding, no physics per se. As far as rain goes I'm guessing you'd want it semi slick or something, hell they've been doing things like that with ice since the NES days. Once again that'd probably come down to coding to include all those things like rain putting fires out, etc...etc..

Like I said, for a PPU to be successful it will have to be implemented in a game that has FULLY destructible environments. Even a fully endorsed game might not have that, and if it doesn't then the only thing you'll see is what halruaa said earlier and nothing more. I'm all for it though. Probably will buy when the price drops around $150-$200 or something.

As for making the sig size smaller, type [size=*insert # here, perferably "1"]*text goes here*[/size].

There must be a way of combining the PPU and the GPU into one card. At no cost increase from current GPUs till then a FLOP.

EDIT: That was a cheap trick Tyler. I agreed with you when you said about combining the GPU and PPU into one thing but then you edited your post. LAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom