Comp Keeps Restarting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just corrected a blue screen/random restart problem by cleaning dust off my CPU heatsink with a can off compressed air. Apparently my CPU was overheating. Try this before anything expensive. Good luck!

ps. I also tried to re-install windows/formatt drive and it didnt help.

yes i do,i bought a new one the other day thinking that it was that,heres the specs of my new one:

Serial ATA Ready,
450W (The old one was only 150W,so i thought that it wasnt putting out enough power)
120mm Fan

Oh and its Blue with Blue LEDS :)

But u have a very intresting point about the CPU over heating,cause ive im in a hot room it restarts more often than if i have a window open.Perhaps i shud try cleaning the fans and Heatsink.Ok i just d/l Aida32 Sytem Diagnostics tool and it says my CPU is running at 64oC (That sounds hot).Is it normal to run at that temputure??? How can i minimise it?

Disable auto-restart on error

Right click my computer>>properties>>advanced>>Startup and recovery settings.

Uncheck auto restart.

Next time there is an error, it should just bloue screen with an error. Please post that error.

-----

64C is extremely hot for a CPU. Look into some thermal paste and an aftermarket heatsink and fan.

SHAWN said:
Disable auto-restart on error

Right click my computer>>properties>>advanced>>Startup and recovery settings.

Uncheck auto restart.

Next time there is an error, it should just blue screen with an error. Please post that error.

-----

64C is extremely hot for a CPU. Look into some thermal paste and an aftermarket heatsink and fan.

Ok will do man,Is 64oC a average operating temp of the cpu??? Whats the average???

I do have a standard Cooling System,what ever came with my Processor Package and 1 Case Fan + A huge Fan on my PSU.

Also i disabled auto restart and came up with the blue error screen:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP:0x000000D1 (0x00000004,0x00000002,0x000000000,0xF8199326)

USBPORT.SYS-Address-F8199326,Base At F8191000,Datestamp 3B7D868B

You may want to add more fans to your case, preferably 2 Intake 1 Exhaust.

I think that error is memory relatedd.

Download memtest 86, burn to disk, boot off of it, let the tests run for more then 5 hours.

OK can u take me step by step on how to run it and were to get it from and what it does???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom