Firewire just quits recognizing stuff (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobshoes

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I've not used firewire very extensively so I'm not sure how far this problem dates back, but it seems like it's been this way since I put the card in. My computer has for some reason decided to stop recognizing firewire devices once they've been in use. I don't remember if it always happens this way, but most recently I was using a camera and while i was using a capture program (not capturing, just previewing) the computer locked up. Upon restart, firewire refuses to acknowledge that there is a camera attached. I've tried restarting over again, using different ports, nothing. One thing of note is that last time this happened, My computer stopped recognizing the camera I was using, so I plugged in a different one and it recognized that camera, for a limited time. Then it stopped recognizing that one too. In this recent case I was using yet another camera when the lock up occurred. Device manager says everything is working properly, it just Won't recognize these cameras once i've used them for a bit. Anybody have any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance

PS - just plugged in one of the cameras that formerly stopped working. No change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom