my computer in a fridge lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok my computer sits next to a window and if i crack the window,air sucks in the side panel, this air is really cold at night and my cpu runs like 39c under load it gets so cold. i wish i could always run it like that but the room end upgetting to cold and when i layed out fresh arctic silver 5 there was 2 little bugs between my cpu and heatsink. so i cant do that any more lol but what im getting to is. couldnt i buy this refrigerator and stick my computer in it? i mean it would be keep my computer really cold and also seal in the sound from my screaming vantec tornado lol

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2134418

Moisture would condense on the parts inside the machine. Best bet is to just get chilled water cooling... What I plan on doing is having a small freezer and mod it to where a radiator goes in there and I will have something in the water that lets it get to -25F then have that super cold water cool my parts.... Would work a lot better IMO....

hmmm yes will work alot better but will cost alot more and ive never heard of -25 water coolant fluid i think -16 is the lowest
would it be worth all that for socket 754? u will be limited becasue of no dualchannel support for your cpu and mother board. but i like the idea u have that would be great on my cpu if i could get my cpu to 2.8ghz hehehehe!! the internal clock maxiumum is 3.2ghz

Get a fridge with an adjustable thermostat and make it so the temperature stays low, but not too low, or something.

There would still be condensation no matter what the tempeture in there. But it would be worth it to me, im on stock cooling right now with a room temp of 70F, and you can see my overclock in my sig, it is perfectly stable at that speed but I think if i get it chilled a little bit that I can hit 2.7-2.8 Ghz.....

what about using Propylene Glycol as a coolant cut with water or not? It would never freeze at -25, and has a high transfer of heat? let me know what you think, because i dont know anything about computer liquid cooling systems?

burned-ati said:
hmmm yes will work alot better but will cost alot more and ive never heard of -25 water coolant fluid i think -16 is the lowest
would it be worth all that for socket 754? u will be limited becasue of no dualchannel support for your cpu and mother board. but i like the idea u have that would be great on my cpu if i could get my cpu to 2.8ghz hehehehe!! the internal clock maxiumum is 3.2ghz

I know distilled water and Toyota antifreeze with a 40%-60% mixture will freeze at -55c. :D

95_GSX said:
what about using Propylene Glycol as a coolant cut with water or not? It would never freeze at -25, and has a high transfer of heat? let me know what you think, because i dont know anything about computer liquid cooling systems?

Glycol and water are the two main ingrediants in antifreeze. Glycol has a much lower freezing point then water. Therefor lowering the freezing point of the solution.

specialblend218 said:
[Glycol and water are the two main ingrediants in antifreeze. Glycol has a much lower freezing point then water. Therefor lowering the freezing point of the solution. [/B]

i know this, but i wasn't sure if it could be used with computer cooling systems. like i said i dont know anything about them. :beard:

But i heard that there is a slimey residue or something left behind when using things like that? Would give my water a cool color though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom