Ultra brand memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
right now i have pdp mem a 512 stic i wanna get another stick and tiger direct has ultra brand 512 for 30 bucks .... is it any good does anybody have experience with it ?? i plan to oc my cpu will that affect my mem?? oo and my gfx card is already oc'ed thanks in advance :)

Yeah I "had" two 1gig sticks of Ultra brand RAM. I got them at Tigerdirect and they were supposedly the same but after I started to learn about OCing I saw that they were different and my dual channel wasn't even working. They didn't OC well and were unstable since they are a cheap brand. I couldn't find any information about my RAM on their website either so their support is terrible. If you plan on OCing you'll need to spend a bit more than 30bucks on a good stick of memory.

ok well ... this was my theroy ..get it for now ..... then when my b-day rolls around ima get some new stuff for my system and thats when i was goingto oc and then put the ultra mem into my g-moms interent surfer pc because right now it only has 256 .....lol

Well you can get decent 512 sticks of memory on Newegg.com for 30 bucks too. Even dual channel kits for 45-60 bucks that are decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom