Hiding windows to boot another Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsifree

Beta member
Hi everyone, first post woo, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to hide windows xp when it boots and just load a Program instead, because I am building a PC just to use with Beyond TV 4 sort of like a self-built TiVO box, any help would be great thanks :)

also if anyone knows how to change the boot-up screen as well could they help?

Many thanks

Got to have an OS....no other way to do it. You can load that program in a separate partition if you like but it would be like asking your computer to think without a cerebral cortex...ain't gonna happen!!!!!!!

i know it wouldn't work without booting the OS, but when the OS boots (XP) i want it to be hidden and only show/run the program (Beyond TV)

In the past you could build a batch file in dos to do what you are asking by single loading the program at startup in the autoexec.bat file at system load. Can you do that in xp???? I don't think so but maybe someone with more programing knowledge will post and let you know...I don't at this point...but I will do some research as it is an interesting question.

i can make it start-up on boot fine, it's just that i don't want to be able to access XP at all, only use the program, it have has been done before, because someone made a retro gaming machine "running on XP" but it only loaded the emulater program(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom