how do i overclock my processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea give the guy a break. This is where he comes to find out his info to OC and it is our civil duty to fulfill his needs :). So yea, you have a Dell, so the BIOS is more than likely locked. I found that out when i wanted to OC. I bought an emachines and i was all ready, until i got into the BIOS and just about the only thing i could change was the time :(

thanks for the suggestions so far

anyway, how do i get to bios? dont i do something when the comp first boots up?

Yea when the comp first boots up, for a couple of seconds it should say press F* to enter the BIOS. So just be aware and look for an F* key and press it. That's how you get in.

so you knew how to overlclock from birth? because if not you learned to do it at some point too. instead of looking up tutorials i came here to ask you guys. wtf are you talking about?

I learned about system architecture and how a processor worked before I began to exploit it. If you dont understand how a processor works you should be overclocking. If you understand how a processor works you wouldnt be asking how to over clock.

Nikkon said:
I learned about system architecture and how a processor worked before I began to exploit it. If you dont understand how a processor works you should be overclocking. If you understand how a processor works you wouldnt be asking how to over clock.

thats gotta be the crappiest logic ive ever heard. even if i know how a processor works doesnt mean i neccesarily know how to access it.

honor man has a very good point. you can know almost everything about a processor and still not know all it needs to overclock.

Dude your system is clearly not up to overclocking and you have to know alot more than the way your proccesor works.First off your motherboard has to be decent then, set your memory up.
then your cooling and you still wont get any decent speeds that
will be worth it.Iam pretty sure or I've never heard of a premade system(Dell), being overclocked but I could be wrong and also what would be your needs of overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom